View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

P.S I also wanted to say that I went to Your Dog Is Worth It too Day this year and the most well behaved dogs their were the Pit Bulls. It was the little dogs there starting the crap with all the big dogs. Mimi was with me and I had her in my arms, bending over to look at something and did not realize a dog had walked up by us. It was a big Pit. He licked Mimi's face. Was I scared ABSOLUTELY. Why? Because of the size and yes even the breed. It could have gone bad, and that was with any dog approaching a 3 lb. Yorkie. My point is though that this Pit could have torn her head off and instead was kissing her, as was the other Pits present. All calm and well behaved. My guess is because they were raised in responsible caring homes. This is why I feel that anyone wanting to own a dog they deem dangerous (And that goes for Shepards and Rotties etc.) That they should be treated just like someone wanting to own a gun. Fingerprinted, no criminal history and licensed. And, they should be made to take an educational course as well as and obedience course with their dog. I think this will weed out many of the bad people who are getting their hands on these dogs and making them into fighters and killers.
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!