View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Sibbald's Point Provincial Park - Train and Fun in Water

Well Ilona, Dave and I and 2 of our three dogs, and four of Ilona' Yorkies all went for swimming and some training today.

What a glorious hot day we had...perfect for swimming.

Lake Simcoe was just the right temperature and the water was so clear and clean.

I quickly reviewed our videos, Dave was on videoing, and he was pretty chary on getting water shots, and the obedience video he got was basically the return of me on the long sit...y a w nnnnnnnnnn.

We had a grand time; Razz is swimming like a fish and he loves loves loves his no high flotation water toy.
Magic likes to jump over the waves, and was swimming very well today too.

Ilona feels we will do fine at obedience competition in like 2wks or so, just to warm up Magic first.!
Magic was a little wide on heel off lead, a sloppy front return on retrieve over high jump, crowded me on one part of figure eight. But focus very good, turn around and right turns are great.

So homework is figure eights, figure eights, sit at front recall/retreives, and more regular heel work.

If you have not yet gotten the idea that heeling is the most practised skill, and the most difficult, I've not been xplaining well

Razzle: he made it to a sit/stay for one minute ..... once

Front recall: If you dont count stopping enroute to say hi to ppl, or to water the tree, he did make it back to me about 90% of the time

We did stop on the way home for some fresh picked corn on the cob, can't wait to taste it tonight!

As soon as I get the videos uploaded I'll post them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!