View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #162
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Your Lucy is on L/D (that is probably the exact thing my dog would be on in the same situation). So if you found out today that Science Diet and all other companies that made a liver diet were doing cruel and unnecessary testing would you take her off of it and let her suffer? Would you not give the drugs/supplements she is supposed to get just bc an animal was treated cruelly when developing them? Or would you give them and just be forever grateful to the animals that were hurt when developing this for her?

If anybody told me they would stop giving a drug and let their own animal suffer if the test animals were treated cruelly (and this dog really needed the drug/food), I'd say I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't see anybody on YT willing to sign their dogs up for drug trials. I see many posts about reactions and how angry the owner is over it. People are going to be upset when it is their baby.

I'm an ovo-lacto-vegetarian. Never said I completely disagree with consuming animals though.. Put in a position of possible starvation, I would eat them. With the exception of dairy and eggs (because I don't have much will power and love to eat) and leather on shoes, etc., I try to avoid supporting factory farming. I avoid things like Minksheen because it is completely unnecessary and clearly cruel for no good reason. But put in a position of health and safety for myself and my family (including my dogs), then I do accept that animals have to suffer. That does not mean that I want other dogs to suffer. I'm still not boycotting a company for treating animals cruelly "IF" I "HAVE" to use the product for the health or safety of one of us here.

I think it's fine if people want to use Blue. Not my dogs... However, for us I don't believe in holistic vets and that is who they employ. Just not interested... And I think that it's absolutely fine to avoid P&G if one thinks what they do is cruel (I try to avoid Iams too). But put in a position of needing one of their foods, my dogs will get it (and in fact - right now one of my dogs is on one of their foods because of a medical issue - my vet wanted me to try something - so we are).

Last edited by Ellie May; 09-03-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Ellie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!