View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdll View Post
I struggled with the exact same dilemma a little bit ago. After reading tons of reviews I settled on the Buddy Belt and have been really pleased with it so far. We have only had them for a little while but I don't anticipate any issues. I am still interested in the Choke Free as I find the design quite interesting but admit I have wondered about the squarish leg holes. From everything I have read I'm not sure there is a wrong or poor choice between those two harnesses and there are quite a number of people who like one or the other or both.

Something to be aware of with the Buddy Belt is that there are different leathers and some are softer and more pliable than others. They will all soften up with use but some start out much softer. The other thing is sizing. According to the measurements on the chart Lu would just barely fit a size 2 in the very first hole but in reality she fits the middle hole. According to measurements and the charts, Zoe should be on the last hole of a size 4 or the first hole of a size 5 but in reality she fits in the middle hole of a size 4. Sizing depends so much on each particular dog’s body structure. Since according to the charts and the measuring tape both my dogs were in between sizes and there is no one locally who sells Buddy Belts so I couldn’t just go try them on my dogs, I spoke directly with someone at the Buddy Belt office about what they thought would work best. They were really helpful in assisting me and their educated guess worked out perfectly.

Unfortunately there is no perfect solution that will work for every dog. Some people have not had success with how the Buddy Belt fits their particular dog and I suspect there have been people who have had the same issue with the Choke Free. Some people are fortunate and their particular dog can wear pretty much anything and have it fit well.

I wish you well in your search for the perfect harness for your dog.
Great post!

Join today and remove this ad!