View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #156
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidget529 View Post
Police dogs often give their lives for their partners. I'm sure taking a bullet for their partner is not a pleasant experience or something they love. They just love their partner more than themselves. Rescue dogs often are injured walking on glass, construction debris, suffer respiratory illnesses after searching in 911 rubble. Again, there is physical pain that they endure. Dog were trained to sniff out the ebola virus in Africa to save human lives in infected areas. Herding dogs give their lives and become injured protecting flocks. I'm sure they do not enjoy this aspect of the job. Let's not forget our famous yorkie, Smokey, who parachuted out of planes w her owner and crawled through pipelines to carry communication wire into enemy territory. I'm sure she did not enjoy some of the things asked of her, but her courage was much larger than her stature.

I personally do not like to diminish these selfless acts of dogs and simply say "it is what they were bred to do."
Oh I totally agree that dogs are very selfless creatures... that is what I love so much about them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!