View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #153
aproctor
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I don't see where anybody said they thought it was okay to torture dogs. I think I speak for everyone here - we HATE it. That doesn't make it any less necessary. Good researchers try to minimize pain and suffering. In the case of heartworm testing, it probably isn't anymore painful than an injection. It's still incredibly sad and stirs up emotion. But I see no other way. Yes, my dogs come before all other animals on the face of this earth in my mind.

I do understand what you are saying but I guess what I am trying to get across is that if testing is NECESSARY then it should be done in a very humane way and it should NEVER be used just because it is easier or it costs less than another way.
I hate it and the thought of anyone inflicting harm on an animal just makes me so angry....things I believe strongly in gets me emotional and makes it hard for me to get across what I really mean.
I wasn't saying that you thought it was okay but I guess to me I just can't be casual about this subject...maybe someday I will look at it on the level you are but it's hard.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!