View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Bird
Senior Yorkie Talker

My Yorkie had blood in his urine. But he also had some bacteria. We figured out he had a bladder infection because his bloodwork looked ok. His urea was a bit up but nothing alarming.

Im replying to this also because my dog was peeing quite a bit. Little squats here and there and sometimes just dribbles or barely any pee. It makes sense that my Buster has a bladder infection because ive had one before and it makes you feel so uncomfortable like you always have to pee SO bad even though when you go...theres barely any pee.

So the vet immedietly put Buster on Clavaseptin 50mg chewables. Its an Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid Antibiotic. Then he sent Busters urine out to the lab to make sure that this antibiotic was the right one for this type of bacteria.
The vet also gave me some Probiotics to add to Busters food to keep his good bacteria up. So we figured out that this antibiotic is correct for his condition. Then Buster had an ultrasound, it is the best way to see if there is any kidney stones, or lumps and how big they are. You cant really find out how large etc they are with an xray. So Buster does have a 1-1.5cm lump/mass on his Bladder wall. That could be what is causing the blood in the urine or it could be from the Bladder Infection Bacteria.
So today, my vet gave me some Juniperus Communis Plus, it really helps with the Bladder and Kidneys for extra natural support. Also he gave me Candioli Renal dogs, it helps to improve renal function imbalances. So hopefully next time I go back to the vet for a second urine sample...there will be no blood. Otherwise I am going to get the lump/mass removed. We have not done a biopsy yet.
I feel very lucky to have such a great Holistic Vet who also does Conventional methods. He has also studied acupuncture and chinese medicine, etc. He is amazing.

Hope that everything with your Yorkie is going ok. And hope that my post helped.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!