View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieNchloe View Post
This is my first Yorkie, but not my first pet. I know how wonderful you feel having your first little precious baby, there are lots of decisions to be made. I suggest you do what I did. RESEARCH!! I thought the same thing until I realized how silly it is to take on a venture of breeding. Multiply your stress of raising one puppy by ten and see what you think. I suggest you think long and hard about this, breeding is not for the first timers I assure you!

I also noticed right off the bat that you have a collar on your adorable puppy with a name tag hanging. Number one, experienced breeders will all tell you because of trachea issues with Yorkies, you never put a collar on them, especially one with something hanging on it, that's just extra weight for that fragile throat!

Also, on the potty training, it's not easy! I've learned you never scold one, only sweet talk and lots of praise. The more you praise, the more they want to please you. Part of a breeders job is to have the potty training started before they sell the babies, anyone who buys one from you will expect that you have started this!

I know you mean well, but discuss this with alot of experienced breeders first.
Collars are fine. A lot of us have them on our pups for ID purposes only. They are all walked on harnesses to avoid CT. I went as far as getting breakaway collars that they use on cats. They're sturdy and don't fall off just because, but if he gets caught on something and he is in trouble, it simply falls off. To each his own I suppose.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!