View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
babyhailey
Yorkie Talker

Default Hailey's Biopsy side effects?

The vet called me today while I was on my lunch break at home. As you may or may not have known, Hailey, at 7 months weighing 3 pounds had an biopsy last Thursday and the vet removed a small chicken bone and few pieces of chicken jerky in her esophagus. The reception who called was using all these medical words and I was at the food court so it was really loud. From what I've heard her say, she said that Hailey might have to go back for weekly sessions of this procedure which requires to inhale a balloon into her esophagus. She said a client had a Westie and had the same procedure done. The westie was not eating/eating slowly. I'm assuming they were talking about because of her wound, it has caused her esophagus to shrink? I told them Hailey was active, eating and barking normally. I'm seeing the vet tomorrow morning to do a check up on Hailey but I don't know if I can even sleep tonight considering this poor girl may have to go through all these procedures. So, by any chance, have any of you guys experience something like this? If so, please share! I really can't wait until tomorrow! I've been so scared and nervous!
Sorry for the lack of detail, as I was only speaking to the receptionist!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!