View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #18
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I know, right??? Seriously! I was so sad to hear that. I kind of liked this bird, I had NO intentions of keeping it at all or even think about getting one, but last night it kind of touched my heart. My boyfriend was giving it more cheerios and it crawled onto his fingers. From there it stuck its head down into his curled up hand and he started rubbing its head with his thumb and it was practically purring like a cat. It wanted to be with US, it wanted attention, my heart broke for it. It made me REALLY want to find the owners so it could get its life back and all the attention and love it needed.

I never thought of birds as capable of affection or needing attention or even caring about whats going on, type animals... I never had a bird. When I saw this last night though, I thought about my boys and what if someone found one of them and it took days to find me and they were in a crate, alone in the house with no human except to feed him (even if its for his own safety, which he wouldn't understand)? He would be soooooo sad and lonely! I knew that about dogs but not about birds.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!