View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
Thanks gidget, but I'm just an animal lover... I don't want to own a bird, but I would never not rescue an animal in need! I got lots of replies from Craigs list from people who offered to take the bird if I didn't find the owner.

Well I have sad news that makes me sort of angry. The woman must keep the bird outside during the warm days and that is how it got out in the first place. So I called Animal control just to find out if that woman was truly the owner. They told me yes and she was ecstatic to get her bird back! She put the bird in its cage (outside I guess) and the bottom of the cage fell and the bird got out and flew away AGAIN! Just MINUTES after she got him back after almost 3 weeks of being missing!!!!! I'm sooo bummed! She lives 5 miles from us so I don't think we'll see the bird again... makes me sad! I hope some other kind person finds it this time and KEEPS IT! LOL (kidding) but seriously I hope this woman if she gets the bird back, keeps it IN the house! ggeezzzz

I was paying it back also... someone found my bros dog who got out of the yard during a thunderstormed and called us and we got her back quickly! I appreciated that and will do whatever I can to help others find their lost pets!
I was thrilled there was a happy ending then I read this post, oh well, maybe it is a happy ending for the the bird. You really did your part, but maybe the bird knows best!

Join today and remove this ad!