View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

Little Friday is absolutely adorable! A couple of things when I read your post. Friday is still a little pup. This breed takes a little longer to potty train on average. It is best to use consistency and reinforcement to ingrain what you want them to do and where you want them to go. Losing your temper and yelling will confuse her. She does not speak human. It will take a little while for the two of you to learn to communicate fluently with each other.

As for breeding, breeding such a small toy breed is expensive and has a high complication rate compared to other larger breeds. They can have problem pregnancies, requiring even more vet care than regular prenatal canine vet care. They require C-sections a good bit of the time bc of their size. This is expensive. The pups can have problem births requiring emergency vet care. The new mother could cause internal damage to the pups if allowed to chew the placenta too much, causing a trip for emergency care, if the pup can be saved. Also, the biggest deterrant to me, it could cause the death of your little precious Friday trying to bring these pups into the world. These dogs should not whelp by themselves. You will have to plan to be there helping her through her whelp, especially as she might need an emergency C section. The pups could be born with illnesses requiring them to be cared for and nursed 24/7.

Please don't see the "higher price" that these pups sell for and think breeders are "rolling in the profits". This is an expensive breed to breed. The vet costs to do this correctly and ensure the health of Friday and her pups will require you to have money ready to cover these many expenses.

I would spay her and enjoy her as your beautiful little girl. Congrats on your new baby. Thanks for posting her pics. We LOVE pics here!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!