View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Gatord
♥ Jack & Josie ♥
Donating Member

Default Jack has a concussion

But he is going to be okay.

Last evening I was going to take Jack and Josie for a stroll in the doggie stroller. It had been 100 + degree here so I figured the stroller would not be bad on them. They do like riding in it. I did put their harness on with their leashes and out in stroller. I pulled the leash through the back and once I got going if they acted as if they did not want to walk I was going to attached the leash to the bar I push from. I have to go through about 200 ft of sand past my drive way to get to the hard road. Once I got on the hard road Jack jumped from the stroller and hit the payment head first. This kills me even to type. He let out the loudest blood curdling scream and I picked him up. Josie now is doing circles and thinking she wants out cause she knows someting is wrong. I am trying to keep her in, push the stroller through the sand to my house and comfort Jack. He now is letting out these load moans like I have never a dog do. I was petrified. I got them to the house, got Josie out of stroller and ran inside. I sat Jack in my lap and called a friend who is not a vet but has alot of knowledge of what to do. In the mean time Jack is no longer moan and I am rubbing around looking to see if there are any visual injuries or knots etc. While I am talking on the phone and he settled down he jumps out of my lap and went to the door and Josie followed. They both stood at dooe and Jack started wagging is tail. I put his leash and harness back n and went outside, he seemed excited about wanting to walk. I am thinking he seems fine, my friend said try a short walk and watch him.

I opened the door, Jack and Josie headed out the sidewalk. When Jack passed the stroller he did a 360 to go the other way. We went for a walk and he seem to do fine. I did carry them both back a short distane they seem to have gotten thristy.

I watched him the rest of the evening and he acted like nothing had happened. I took them both with me to work today to watch and to take Jack to vet.
Jack had a vet appointment today for his licking and scratching and I had the vet check him out for his fall. I did call last night and vet on call did tell me if he was acting normal then I did not have to take to ER last night.

She said his eyes did not respond good to the light when she shined the light in his eyes. Her conclusion was a slight,small concussion.

The excessive licking, scratching they are going to put him on 1/2 tab of Loratadine once a day. She was saying may be food, may be summer allergies.

My question is does any here have problem with allergies similair to Jacks?

And what do you do?
His started out licking the paws, and sometimes he scraches like his chest area. I first thought the licking was stress and I explained that to the vet.
Gatord is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!