View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
lilmojosmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My buddy is sick :(

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and am looking for some direction. My 8 month old guy is sick and pretty much as been off and on since we got him. I am so confused about what to do or where to go for help.
His symptoms are always the same, begins with his needing to go out side and poo, then his stomach or intestines start making this gurgling noise that is really loud. If you were to feel his belly, you can actually feel his intestines because they are hard. This eventually passes, but takes quite a toll on him of coarse and me because it always happens in the middle of the night. Who can think of sleeping right? But it will take him down for the entire day when it happens. I know it is painful because he cannot find a comfortable place to lay down or stand up. The vet has done blood and says his pancreas is fine, they have ultrasounded him and found nothing, and also done xrays, NOTHING! I am told it is a food issue, and have tried every single brand of food out there that is available to me. (high end foods of coarse) I will be honest and say some didn't last long enough to see if they would work because he wouldn't eat them, but in any case all that he has tried has failed him. He is on Z/D now and unless he has a secret stash somewhere, still has a problem digesting. He was hospitalized this past Sunday for dehydration, and was tested for Giardia which he has had in the past, but the test was negative. Does this sound familiar at all to anyone?
lilmojosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!