View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
FidoTheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

I would start encouraging for good behavior if you haven't tried that already.
Have some dog treats for her and give her a tiny bite of it when she behaves good and say good things to her with ''baby voice'' (like your talking to a baby).
IF she tries to launch at the birds or bark then show her the treat if she stops then say like ''good girl!'' and give her the treat after few seconds, you have to do that straight away as she is starting go growl or beginning to bark, not after some minutes then it doesn't work.
If she barks no matter what you do then do the ''alpha roll'' (many people are against it but it has worked miracles with my dog, if I wouldn't use it on him then he would propably be much harder case cause he has one bahavior problem and the alpha roll is the only thing that snaps him out of it), when you do the alpha roll you hold her and let her lay on her back on the side of the back, like this dog is doing but its better to sit on the other side:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sKByFf6D4G.../AlphaRoll.jpg
It's gonna be a struggle to get her on her side but when it's done don't let her go right away , let her lay until she's completly calm does not do anything to try to stand up or bark, then she can go.
Dogs don't hurt anything of the alpha roll but they see that YOU are in charge, not the dog, she can't bark at the birds if you ban it, its your birds not hers, in your house there are your rules not hers, she has to obey she can't just do what she wants, you are the leader not her.

I'm probably gonna get bad comments about it I'm not gonna answer bad comments, but this alpha roll works miracles when my Fido goes into a ''zone'' around food, say for example he gets into the cat food, he growls at me and try's to launch at me no matter what I have tried to do, the alpha roll makes him calm and go out of that zone.
If I wouldn't use the alpha roll he had probably bit me sometime and he be put to sleep, but now its enough to say ''Fido, what are you doing???'' then he walks away from the cat food or any other food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!