View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #6
slthoeny
Yorkie Yakker

I am not an experienced yorkie owner, so take what I say with that in mind. Which dog has been the more dominant one in the past? If it has been CoCo, I wonder if it is possible that now that Suki is older she now wants the top dog spot. She may have just been submissive earlier because of age, but now has decided, "I am a big girl, and I can be boss!" It is so scary that she drew blood.

Several years ago I had a small dog named Pepper, about 15/20 pounds. She was a mixed breed and about 8 years old. Still a lot of life left. We rescued a border collie puppy. Candy was several months old. The first week Pepper let Candy do anything she wanted. If Pepper was laying down, and Candy wanted that spot Pepper moved. After a week or so of this, I think Pepper realized that CAndy was not just visiting. Pepper started standing up for herself. And for a week they would get into it often. I was starting to think they would never sort it out. They did, Pepper put Candy in her place. It just took Candy a bit to accept it. After that they never had a problem again. They never drew blood though. I am sorry my rambling has no real advice or solution. But maybe the bump will help.
slthoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!