View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
anevarez
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Vomiting Yorkie - please help!

Chloe will be 2 years old in November. Has always been extremely healthy. Eats strictly kibble. Last night my husband grilled some tbone steaks for his parents and us. It was a nice evening and later that night I noticed a clean bone in Chloe's bed. I asked my husband and he said he didn't know so I called my inlaws - my father in law admitted to giving Chloe a tbone that was almost intact. He and my husband were taste testing that steak outside and it fell on the patio, he gave it to Chloe. He mentioned that the steak had a thick layer of fat on it. Later at about 3am Chloe vomited yellow (bile) and has been fine since then, just a little on the sleepy side. She did get up and eat some kibble and then laid down again. She is not at all lethargic, I am just guessing she didnt' sleep well last night because we were out very late and she usually is in bed with us by 10pm. Now, I am wondering should I take her to the emergency vet or just let her be if she continues to eat and act well. Is this common for yorkies to not tolerate fat well, or do you think she could have just overeaten? Thanks!
anevarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!