View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
Sgt_Cooper
Senior Yorkie Talker

Do the topical stuff really work? I always was afraid they might not be as effective. You hear stories where it burns and hurts some pets.. Also the Yorkie sleeps w us, the topical stuff my be too greasy. The Lhasa shes more independent and she wont sleep w us and wants her own bed in the floor also she is so short and squabby she cant jump up on the couches like the yorkie, so she would fare better w the topical treatments but I always doubted their safety and effectiveness. Do u guys recomend one over the other? Also , do they kill them if they already have fleas or is it more of a repellant?
These are my first house dogs , so Im still new w some of this stuff. Also do u guys treat tear round or the spring- summer months? I can use all advice on flea prevention. I dont think we've yet to have probs w them in our home. Saddly, our dogs dont get out for walks much but I think they get em at the groomers or vet. And I think they just get a few when they get em. I wash their bedding and treat them when I realize it. We have wood laminate not carpet, so im not sure what other precautions to take to prevent a flea prob in the home. I just want to be prepared and take propper ways to prevent that, I read those things multiply like crazy. Im soo paranoid now. lol
Sgt_Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!