View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
canadian_pup
Yorkie Talker

Default rehoming... yeah right! more like $$$$ priority

First off I would love a few opinions on whether my frustrations is justified or not in a rehoming situation like this one...
A lady posted an ad on a site that she was getting out of her labradoodle business and recently I have decided to get a large breed dog, she needed to rehome [her exact word was rehome!] some retiring adults and older "left over" puppies in need of home "ASAP" as she could no longer care for them, she didn't say she wanted any money for them in the ad. So I replied since she is from near by and offered to give her $300 for the cost of a spay/neuter and to pay for a vet check and vaccinations for the dog I wanted. So totalling about $400-500 as a rehoming fee about $100 over what all the vet stuff would cost anyways.

Her reply word for word from my email acct:
Hi, we live in ********** but I'm very sorry we cannot do that.
We neuter and spay and do shots etc so that would be like
flushing money down the drain. We have 2 almost 5 month olds that are
going for the reduced price of $1,800 and 7, 7 week olds that are $2,500.
You are welcome to come see out dogs if you would like.

If you're in desperate need to rehome your dogs, why would you demand such a price. I could get a show quality yorkie for that! Or a purebred standard poodle as which I prefer over a mixed breed labradoodle. So frustrating! Rehoming... yeah right?

Needless to say I have decided on a Bullmastiff who needs rehomed and whom I need transport for from Edmonton, AB. I will post a diff. post about that though. I also start fostering soon, so I guess my doggie fix will be met!
canadian_pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!