View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
UYC#1fan
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Any Virginia Breeders?

Hi everyone,

Hi. I am currently a resident of Hampton, Virginia. Me and my family are talking about adopting a Yorkshire Terrier, but we need to find a breeder that either lives close to home, or is willing to travel to us to show us the dog. I also have a few questions that I would like answered:

1.) Female vs. Male. Which kind of puppy do you think would be eaiser for us to get? We are gone most of the day (from 8 am to 6 pm eastern time) and we really want to find a good puppy.

2.) Purebred vs. Mixes. Which is the best to get? Are purebreds more prone to have the liver shunt and Yorkie genetic diseases?

3.) Crate Training. How exactly do you do it, and is it hard?

4.) Shedding. Do Yorkies shed much? If so, what is the easiest way to clean it up?

5.) Potty! I have recently seen something online called the Belly Band for pups. It goes around their waist and covers their "bathroom area" so that when they pee, it works like a diaper to catch it. It's disposable to! Is it a good idea?

6.) Shelters vs. Pet Shops vs. Breeders. Which is the best to go to? Which is the lest/most expensive, and which is more reliable?

These questions would certainly help, and I would prefer if you would email the answers to me insted of posting. You can email me at darkmew@verizon.net Thanks SOOOO much everyone! By the way, I am 12. Thanks,

The number 1 UYC fan!
UYC#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!