View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 06:45 PM   #9
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Crowmtn ... I think everyone has their own personal preference for potty training ... whatever works! Personally, we love the wee wee pads because it works for us. We started training Toto beginning the day we brought her home and it wasn't easy ... took lots of patience!! But we are so thankful we did it this way. We use the praise and reward method! She is 14 months old now and we still take the time to tell her "Good girl, TeeTee" and give her a little piece of Honeycomb cereal each time she goes!! If we are in another room, she comes to "announce" that we need to come see!! We found a way to stretch the wee wee pads since "Miss Prissy Paws" won't use a pad but once either!! We get the "Simple Solution" pads which come 56 to the pack for $15.99 from PetSmart online [for some reason they cost more in the PetSmart store down here] ... go figure! The Simple Solution pads are more evenly padded inside ... we had to get another brand one time and they were all lumpy and uneaven inside! I cut a pad down the center then cut those two in two ... giving me 4 ... then when Miss Prissy pees a spot I just put 1/4 square over that spot and she's happy!! Usually, I start the day with a clean pad and just cover her spots! She's really funny when she pees, she doesn't want her paws to touch the pee pee and she will not use the pad again if the spot isn't covered!! We put the square over it, give her a big "Good Girl, TeeTee" along with a little piece of Honeycomb cereal and she is estatic!! AND she always goes back to the pen and checks up on us to make sure we did OUR job by putting down her clean pad!! We are glad she doesn't want the pad wet because her coat is really long [takes daily brushing to maintain] and we like to know when she pees so we can dry her with a paper towel and I use the dog bath wipes a few times a week between baths ... yes, I know she is a dog but I can't stand it if she smells like one!!
By the way ... may I ask where you live? The reason I was curious about "crowmtn" ... there is a place way up in northern Alabama called "Crow Mountain"! There are orchards up there and we drove up a few weeks ago and bought some beautiful white peaches!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!