Thread: Matted Coat
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajun View Post
Well, the first night home is in the books. Fergie did awesome her first night. Slept in her crate. Didn't create a fuss.

However, when I woke up this morning and let her out I noticed her coat on her back was very matted and tangled; much more so than when we went to bed last night. I also noted she didn't pee when I put the dogs outside the first time. I assumed she had maybe pottied in her crate but I went to check and the pillow in the crate was completely dry and no discoloration (it's a white/cream pillow made for crates). I also did the smell test and she doesn't smell like urine. Any idea why she might be so matted? The only other thing I can consider right now is that it's from her licking/scratching a hot spot during the night.

Also, what is everyone's experience regarding this breed type for their drinking habits? The foster had mentioned she drinks a lot of water. When we first came downstairs this morning my two older dogs went straight for the door. Fergie went for the water bowl. I let her drink for a minute and then got her outside (we keep a separate bowl of water outside as well) and she went straight for that water bowl. She outdrank my 90lb Golden..lol.

She may take some time during this adjustment period. When I got Mikki she sat by the door for what seemed like forever. So she might need a few days to adjust to everything.

As far as the drinking, Rosie doesn't appear to drink that much at all. While Mikki on the other hand, seems like she is always drinking. So, I think each dog just may be different when it comes to that.

On the matting, I really am not sure either. Rosie has really long hair that gets matted sometimes. But it is usually when she is dirty. Lol. It may be caused by her licking. Sorry just not sure.

Congrats on getting her and making it through the night. When we got Mikki it took her about a week or so to adjust to everything. Now she thinks she owns the house!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!