View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
xoxStephie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinleephil View Post
As far as adopting goes, that was the first place I looked, I did find a beautiful 6-8 year old yorkie in a shelter that I posted a thread about a couple months ago, but she was adopted soon after, I have no problem with adopting from a shelter, but being out in the boondocks, its kind of hard to find a certain breed. And I have noticed that some of the shelters or rescues are quite expensive to adopt from. I found a yorkie on petfinder that the adoption fee was around $400... I know it may sound silly put if I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather get a puppy. Anyway, thanks everyone for your advice, I'll probably go with the pure bread, since I've already seen her and held her and fell in love with her. I'm just a little worried about the coat. And thanks for posting pictures, they are all so adorable!

The fist picture is of the pure breads at about 7 weeks? She'll be 8.5 weeks when I get her. She had a little white star on her chest, which I think I read had something to do with what her coat will be like? And the second picture is of the yorkie poos. And I dont want you to get the wrong idea of the breeders. They are really good with their puppies, even if they do mix breeding, which I know is frowned upon by a lot of people. But I love muts, we adopted a Sheltie/Pomeranian from a shelter, I couldn't ask for a better dog. And If i could find a yorkie or yorkie mix that I liked I would adopt it too...I would actually rather adopt one.
Yikes! So many red flags from this breeder. I don't trust breeders who breed "hybrids" who in my opinion are just mutts (I love mutts but there are millions of loveable mutts waiting to be adopted in shelters). On top of that why is she letting such a small dog go at 8.5 weeks? The weeks between 8 and 12 are huge. The puppy picks up and is taught puppy manners from it's mom and siblings. Not to mention it will grow considerably, I mean it's a whole month.
My opinion would be to scout all the shelters in your area. Let them know you are looking for a yorkie/yorkie mix and to let you know if they get one. Check out other small dogs in the shelter too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!