View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Valenie
Owned by Bella & Tibbs
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidget529 View Post
Unfortunately it is happening more and more w hospital business offices. They "sell" outstanding bills to collection agencies, even if there is a current bill discrepancy going on between pt, ins co, and hospital. Years ago, this would not happen, but today, the hospital does not want to carry the outstanding money owed and put employee time toward the dispute. I really think this practice is not the correct thing to do to pts who get caught in the middle between a hospital billing/coding system and an ins carrier. After a certain period of time if the bill is not paid, they will sell the debt; regardless of whether a pt has called, disputed the bill and taken steps to resolve the matter. to current hospital billing practices!
My Hd racked up over 100,000$ in medical bills when we were hit by a drunk driver in 07. We get letters almost every day and it is ordered by the court that the lady has to pay them but where she is in jail and has no job ect...she doesn't send us the money to send them...so we are stuck ...My hd refuses to pay them and we have sent the agency's the court documents they just say for us to pay them and keep the money when she sends it ....so...needless to say it has put a huge dent in our credit score...but that's about it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!