View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Default Turned over to collections for medical bill - advice needed!

So I received a letter in the mail about a month ago from a radiology provider (collection agency) - demanding payment for a CT Scan done in 2006.

Prior to this - they had turned me over to Ace Adjustment in about 2007. I went through several phone calls with them and finally said I would pay even though I didn't think it was right or legal - according to their contract with my health provider at the time. They were checking on that and never heard from them again.

NOW, they are back demanding payment of $236 or they will . . . I don't know what.

Called my old Health Carrier (Coventry) again and was advised (again) that the Provider had billed them incorrectly and that is why the claim was denied. Had the provider put the correct code on the bill - it would have been paid. The provider can re-bill but would have to show proof that they re-billed in a timely manner way back when. Which they did not. Health carrier says provider should not be pursuing me personally for their billing mistake; I am not responsible.

I had this same conversation with Ace Adjustment Bureau back in 2007. And I thought they had dropped it. Now, 4 years later, here comes another collection agency.

I called them and told them the same thing. They say it's too late to re-bill but will pass my comments onto the provider.

Should I just pay the damn thing? It really makes me mad that these two providers could not get it together and now I'm expected to pay out of my pocket for a covered procedure when I was paying $$$$ for health insurance at the time.

But I don't want to screw up my credit rating either.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!