View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Naeco
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Exclamation Please help, puppy scratching until he bleeds!

I'm a new yorkie owner, my puppy's name is Naeco and he has become an amazing addition to my family!

But Naeco has a big problem. He has been scratching the outside of his ears until they bleed. I asked the vet for advice, and he only said to give him a bath with a moisturizing yorkie shampoo, which he gave me, and I've done. It didn't really seem to help at all. He said there is a possibility its a bacterial infection on his skin that many puppies get, but that it would clear on it's own. Well, in the meantime, even if that were the case, which I don't think it is, I can't just watch him rip off scab after scab. I keep him from scratching as much as possible and clean his little wounds every time he makes it raw but it really seems to bother him. He'll be playing happily, then stop immediately to try scratching.

Also, I rescued Naeco from an acquaintance who said she adopted him, could no longer keep him and was bringing him to the pound; because of this I'm unsure about his breeder/parents.

If anyone has dealt with this before, or if anyone knows of ANYTHING I can do to help him, please reply. Thank you.
Naeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!