View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
jvdb
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Tips to help an anxious personality?

Our little Molly is 2.5 years old, we got her when she was 8 weeks old and have provided her with a loving environment all along. There is no history of abuse or anything since we got her so young, so I cannot figure out why she is always so anxious. She startles at everything, barks at every noise, cowers if a large dog says hello to her, and is just generally scared of "life". She is very loving and very attached, and I make sure never to comfort her when she displays these behaviors (I don't want to reinforce them). When we got her she spent the majority of the first two months under our couch and was deathly afraid of my husband (she now has grown to adore him). In general the best way to describe it is that she is "insecure" and needs some self confidence to be at ease with the world around her.

She is getting spayed on Monday, I am wondering if this might help calm her a little? Other than than I was wondering if anyone else has some tips to help calm her and help her gain some confidence?
jvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!