View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
Kaytee1006
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need help Please :/

I haven't posted on here in a while and things with Mandie haven't really improved since my last post (she still doesn't want to go outside.. )

Sorry in advance if this is long...

She started not to want to go outside at the beginning of the year where she would hide under the beds or under the couch. We took her to the vet- Nothing wrong! We have tried the puppy pads, but she doesn't know how to use them or what they are used for because she was never pad trained. So if she really has to go she will just pee on the carpet,(we live in an apartment, so this isn't good). And another thing with her not wanting to go out is that she has already had 1 UTI and now has crystals in her urine, so I am trying to get her to go out as much as possible. But that is easier said than done, when I can't reach her.

We have moved into another apartment that is quiter because we thought the other one was noisy and that might have something to do with her not wanting to go outside, but since our move (in June) nothing has changed. I have started putting her in her crate to sleep at night so I can at least take her out in the morning and at night. I have asked the trainer at our local petstore what she suggests and she said to try training her outside and making it a positive experience outside, but my only problem with that is that I can't get her outside and when I do, she doesn't want treats outside. I have consulted with the vet and at a LAST RESORT, started her on a low dose of prozac. I am hoping that this will help, but the vet said to give this at least a month.

My question and need for advice is what to do until then and even after then, because I don't want my baby hiding under the couch and not wanting to go outside.

Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!