View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 01:52 AM   #4
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey36
hi, i'm thinking of getting a female from the same breeder i got my male yorkie. he has a very good temperment and is such a good dog. i'm only afraid that if and when they have puppies they might have problems. does anyone know because i've heard diffrent opinions on this matter. thank you

Breeding a full brother and sister is a genetic toilet. I never ever place a full brother and sister with my clients until one of the other has been altered just because of this reason.

In humans we have laws about this - they state you can not marry your brother and sisiter. Wjy to simply to preserve the human race.

Are full brother and sisters bred- yes. It is called inbreeding. When you try something like this it can backfire in your face. You can end up with a genetic mess. You can have the worst of everything or you could on a chance end up with something good. This is better left alone. IMHO you had better know what you are dong in genetics ( background of the dogs) before you would consider such a thought.

Ask your breeder for a puppy from simular but different parents.
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!