Thread: Do they forget?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
Just a thought. I know for a fact not all cowering dogs have been abused. (Like Kendra) my sister had a puppy from birth that was just over reactive to stimulus. She out grew it some what but, she still shakes and hides when anything new happens. Maybe her brain was damaged in the birth process. Maybe it is a canine form of automatism or retardation ?
I agree.. it could just be her personality. I have Bailey.. he is a 26 lb shih tuz and he is such a timid soul. He is so loving and cuddly with us but if I even look at him like I am mad he will hide. The other day I was playing with Remy .. the "I am going to get your toy..and then chase her" game (remy loves it.. she barks at me if I stop playing).. Bailey got scared and ran and hide from me. He will not let any one new pet him, he groans (not growls) if a stranger walks up to us.. he is very protective of me with other dogs..
we have had him from about 8 weeks and he has always been loved, never ever hit or even really yelled at.. we socialize him but he is what he is.

So just keep loving her.. she will adjust and some bahaviors will change others will not
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!