View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
joemily
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default blood in urine in 14 week old puppy please help.

hi, we bought a yorkie at 10 weeks from a private breeder and all was fine till we got home... we noticed Bella would constantly squat and then dribble bits of urine throught the day.. we have never had a dog so we thought it was just part of potty training or being a puppy but after 1 week when we took her to the vet for her first shots we notice there was blood in the pee.. the vet gave her a pennacillin shot and some more to give orally till gone.. well 8 days later and still no change so we took her back to the vet and he did a urine and blood test and said her sugar levels were high and then took blood to test for diabetes.. he then said to put her back on the pennacillian till empty...she is 14 weeks and 2 1/2 pounds... she plays and eats science diet puupy food and looks great but we dont let her run around too much because she will wee wee everywere.. so we feel so helpless..any ideas?? I have spent 300.00 in 2 weeks in vet bills so this is hard on me but i dont want her to suffer... why wouldnt the vet know what is wrong with her?? help anyone.. Jo
joemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!