Thread: Do they forget?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

I think it could just be her personality. We kept one pup from our previous litter and she's nearly a year old now and just finally not acting like a 'fraidy-cat all the time. It really bothered me. She was always quiet and shy, but for quite awhile she acted like she had been beat. Since we raised her from birth, clearly this was not the case. Loud noises still startle her.
I think because she's small she realizes she could be hurt more easily (stepped on, etc) ??? I can't help but think she may have also picked up on our being more careful of her...not wanting to encourage being afraid...we may have over coddled her/making sure no one yelled or made sudden movements around her...making her all the more timid??? either way, I think her personality is just one of a timid demeanor whereas another one of ours is a barker/playful/outgoing dog, another is the bossy/diva. She's definitely coming out of her shell though...just took her on a trip and she asserted herself just fine to my daughter's big schnauzer (who tucked tail when she barked at him!!! lol)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!