View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Batten down those hatches and keep safe. Have only been in a mild hurricane and was scared at the time but it turned out to "only" be a Cat I and wasn't really bad other than the wind being high for a girl from Texas. Do you all put up the plywood and such for this level hurricane and get all the batteries, food and water or is one like this something you just wait out?

We have shudders and supplies.. it is part of living in this part of the world. Most times it is just a few days of wind and rain, maybe loss of power and some branches. I can deal with that .. but some of the higher cat. storms are mass destruction... like tornadoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 dogs View Post
My parents are in the Virgin Islands. Hurricane Irene was there and is now in Puerto Rico. they are without power but i did hear from them this morning. Even the cell phone has been off and on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of 3 dogs View Post
Just be prepared... stock up on things you may need
Oh I am so glad you have heard from them and know they are ok. How scary for you.

It is funny.. sometimes Virginia and even New England have worst weather then we do form some of the storms. Sorry.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!