View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
FidoTheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Default Flaxseed oil for LP?

Is it good to give a yorkie Flax Seed oil for helping his knee because of Luxating Patella ?
He gets so bad in the winter, he's too fat so I have to make him go in the right wheight but its soo hard I have to have him on Royal Canin Obesity Food all the time to keep him in the right weight but if I for example give him Royal Canin Light he gets fat again !

I exercise him everyday, from 30 minutes to 2 hours and I usually have him in a harness and a flexi lead and let him run and run so he gets good exercise I think.
In the winter he drags a sled, I have a special harness for him that is made for pulling things, I usually put just a 2 liter coca cola bottle full of water, in the sled and then he drags it, sometimes my sister sits on the sled and I help him pulling, he pulls the half of the wheight and I the half, he's VERY strong and muscled and loves pulling. Also we go bikejoring in the summer (Bikejoring = he pulls me on a bicycle in his sled harness.

Well, does flaxseed oil help anything with LP to keep his knee good? Or is anything else I can give him to make his knee better ?
I watch out for dressing him well up in cold weather, snow or rain so his knee doesn't get much cold.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!