View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemple2 View Post
How old is Callie and what does she weigh? I was drawn to your thread because my Winston has seizures that my vet believes are brought on by low blood sugar. Yes, I did take him immediately to my vet the very first time this happened, which is only a couple blocks from my home. His blood sugar at that time was 25. Since then he has been through many test and nothing else out of the ordinary has been found. I feed him multiple small meals throughout the day, and I attempt to keep him somewhat calm. He still has an occasional seizure, but not often enough to treat. I can't say he becomes limp or lethargic...but Nutrical will bring him out of it.
Has your vet mentioned insulinoma to you? I don't mean to frighten you, but that was my vets first thought. Hope you find out just what is causing Callie to have this problem, I never have. But Winston is 4 years older now, and for the most part is doing well.
Ok I just read about insulinoma, its kinda scary but she does have some of the symptoms I will differently be talking to my vet about this on Tuesday.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!