View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Hypoglycemia in an adult dog

Im posting this hoping someone could please have some information on this and share it with me. Callie has issues of what I would call hypoglycemia but is an adult dog. I have talked to my vet about it who said she has never heard of it in an adult dog and I would almost need to bring Callie in right when shes having one of these issues but her office is 30 minutes away I am to scared to wait that long when I see the symptoms of it. I do plan to talk to her about it again at Callies yearly appointment on Tuesday. When Callie is very active, has a very stressful day, or is not feeling well she gets very lethargic, limp like and her gums get very pale so if I can get her to eat something that has some sugar in it i do but its very hard to get her to eat anything so I use the nutrical then and after a few minutes she starts to not be so limp and I get her to eat a few bites of dog food and she is more alert. Has any one had or heard of an adult dog with hypoglycemia or have any information on it?
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!