View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
yakkwak
YT Addict

Default How to Tell if Baby is Sick?

Please advise me on how to tell if my 6 mos. male Yorkie pup is ill. Tonight Liberty seems more lethargic, and moving more slowly. He will eat a puppy treat if I give it to him - he ate 3 and 1/2 with no problem, so don't think it is probably hypoglycemia. However, he seems weak. Liberty will stand if I place him upright and he will come to me - but like he's real tired. At this hour, he usually is ready for a last run around the house before night-time, and he had a long nap today because I've been ill (had surgry a few days ago). He is usually full of that puppy energy. He's been cared for at home by family so there has been no new, outside exposure. He's also up-to-date on his shots, etc. The only presenting issue seems to be a very tired-like behavior. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I stay up tonight and make certain he is responsive every 5 or 10 minutes? Or would this be useless? Would this only make him more ill if he is fighting off a bug? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
yakkwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!