View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
kara
YT Addict

Question Possible vitamin deficiency??

I have a question, Matise has flaky skin but it is not itchy. As you know he is recovering from Liver Shunt surgery so I was wondering could this be a vitamin deficiency? It is on his legs armpits and around the upper back leg area and around the base of the tail. Is this just a yorkie thing or could it be a Liver Shunt thing? What do you guys think? I made a vet apointment for tomarrow morning because I am worried. It is like he got a sunburn and now his skin is peeling/flaking you know. I am going to talk to the vet but what do you guys think I should do to treat it? I don't want him to lose his hair or go bald in any areas because I keep him in full coat. Should I change the shampoo/conditioner? use some kind of spray or oil or something? You know I have to becareful of protein levels because of the liver shunt so if it is a non topical treatment I have to beware of the protein content and know what those % are. I am so worried about it getting worse or for it to start itching him or for his hair to fall out. What do you guys think?
kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!