View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
Princess10
Banning Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I wonder the stress of itching could upset her tummy? This site says that tapeworms could cause vomiting: Cause of Dog Vomiting, Cure Diarrhea in Dogs, Free Vet Advice

Tapeworm

Sometime referred to as tape worms, this parasite looks like an old fashioned tape measure and they are also known as Dipylidium Caninum. Tapeworms can measure anything fro six inches up to twenty feet and they live in the intestines of dogs. As the food is passed through your dog and passes the tapeworm, the tapeworm absorbs the nutrients through its skin.

Tapeworms are caused when your dogs eat fleas or flea larvae, either when they are grooming themselves. Tapeworms can also be a cause of dog vomiting.

Here are some of the symptoms of Tapeworms...

•Vomiting.•Weight loss.
•Itching around the anus.
•Discomfort around the abdomen.
•Anaemia.
•Apathy.
•Your dog may appear nervous.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knock on wood, it's only been the one time. I just sprayed her good with the benadryl & she's already relaxing a lot. The vet said it could've possibly been from the intense itching so maybe (hopefully) that's it! OMGsh, I should've NEVER watched Monsters Inside Me!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!