View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #71
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
You are right Nancy. After I just posted this, a link came up on my FB page stating they were faulsly published by advocates of the breed. I think it's a shame that a group or groups would lie to me it just puts more bad press on teh breed. I still strongly believe that the Pitbull is a good dog in the right hands. As I've stated many times I'm a strong believer on banning the breeding of the Pitbull, but not the breed itself. I feel that there are too many flooding the shelters, adults and puppies being killed by the minute to bring more into society. I also feel that in order to adopt or own a Pit you should have to be fingerprinted and have a criminal background check run on you as well as be made as a pre-requisit to take education classes as well as training with the dog. It is the hands of the people who own this breed that has turned it into what it has become. Elaine
I think they have been so hell bent on "damage control" that they are not seriously seeing that there is a problem. I'm a little confused about the idea of banning the breeding, but not banning the breed, do you mean that the ones alive would be allowed to live, but no new ones would be allowed to be born?

We have a serious problem with pit bulls needing adoption here too. I do see part of the problem is the pit bulls connection with dog fighting. I think once this was outlawed in every state and authorities took the problem seriously; people would no longer be breeding pit bulls for the ring. I think some of the pit bulls in the pet market may have been bred for the ring, but just didn’t show quite enough aggression, so they petted them out.

Join today and remove this ad!