Thread: Prayers Needed
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Default Prayers Needed

Hi Everyone,

I have a beautiful amazing wonderful 16 yr old daughter. She has been sick since the age of 13. She has anorexia. It is a horrible illness with a terribly high mortality rate (1 in 5) and sadly very little in the way of treatment. I live in Canada and always thought that if one of my children were sick that there would be ample medical help available. I was wrong. It took over 6 months from the time she was diagnosed to get any help and the help we received was pathetic. Initially she was getting one hour of talking to a counsellor weekly and as her parent I was handed a book to read and told it was my job to get her weight back up and to help her beat the disease. It was at that point three years ago that I gave up anything that came close to a life. There is little time for friends and fun when you are trying to battle the illness of your child.

She has almost died twice and has spent over 4 months in hospital and almost 5 months in Utah as there are no treatment centers in Canada. She has been home since March and although she is trying really hard the illness is starting to take hold over her once again.

At this point the clinic can no longer help. She is as they said "one of the sickest children they have treated in over 12 yrs" So we are now having to travel 2 hours each way to Toronto for day hospital which adds up to 8 hours a day. I am up at 5 am and as I need to work I am not home until almost 10 at night. I was off work for over a year due to her illness and the cost in lost wages and out of pocket medical costs was almost 80,000 dollars. I can't be out of work again. Today I was told that I have been late too many times and if I am late again I am fired.

What I need is prayers for strength. In spite of being married I am doing all of this alone. I am scared and exhausted. I have been praying to God for His help to get through this. I do believe in the power of prayer and I am hoping that some of you will send a prayer my way. I need to be there for my girl but I am really starting to burn out.

Thanks so much
Tina
Tina21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!