View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Yikes! I have being thinking about trying a shellac mannie, because I'm really rough on my nails, and they are the kind that don't hold polish that well (either too dry or too oily).

Shellac is the kind that they dry with UV, right?
I'm not having a problem with my nails AT ALL! I'm not sure if my friend has thinner or different nails than I do or something, but mine are fine so far. I did read mixed messages online about waiting a week or so between shellac manicures to let your nails breathe, and then I read that nails don't need to breathe, then I read that the nail bed can breathe under the shellac, which makes it different from a gel manicure! (sooo much to learn for simple nice nails! LOL)

QS - I couldn't leave the salon without a messed up nail or two when I got a regular mani. I can't do it at home myself because I stink at applying polish and because I can't sit still long enough to let them dry completely. This mani is PERFECT. They are dry when I leave the salon, hard dry, not soft dry. I can immediately dig in my purse and get my keys, I can do anything with them immediately after they come out the UV light. From what Ive read, I get them really cheap here... it's $25 for a color and $30 for a french with the shellac. I really really REALLY LOVE it! For me, so far it's grown out before it's even chipped. Its amazing! You can wash dishes, clean house, work, type, whatever and they do not chip!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!