View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
MissFlora
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsrain View Post
If Kay's daughter or Kay herself purchased the dog and has papers to prove it, why on earth are the police making the dog be returned to the breeder? Can you get Kay to show the paperwork to the police? This is just wrong. If the police know the breeder is "psychotic" why would they cooperate with her?
Kay explained she bought the dog, but at one time when her daughter moved they did give the dog back to the breeder - not because she was the breeder but because at the time they knew her and thought she would be a trustworthy person for Lily to live with. Because of that one time, despite all of the times the breeder has given and taken her back, the police say Lily is the breeder's dog.

I think the police won't do anything because they're being lazy. She's the type that would probably do some pretty horrible things if she didn't get her way (slash tires, bust windows, etc.). It's probably easier for them to just let her have her way than deal with her. That, to me, is allowing her to be the bully.

I found out local court would only cost $50, but Kay isn't sure it's worth it. She doesn't have the fight in her. I would, but since I'm not the legal owner, I wouldn't even have a case. The whole thing really upset and disturbed Kay and she's really heartbroken. But she's not the type to legally pursue people. It's a horrible situation. But I'm kind of out of options. I just trust that Lily will be safe and sound, and hopefully someday find a new Yorkie to love.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!