View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
MissFlora
Yorkie Talker

Cry Heartbroken...my Yorkie is gone

Today is a sad day. It's a long story, but the synopsis is I no longer have my furbaby Lily.

My sister and I originally got Lily from our friend Kay. Lily was Kay's daughter's dog. But her daughter was stationed in Hawaii and shipped her home to Kay. Somehow, and I'm not sure on the details, the breeder started keeping Lily since Kay couldn't keep her all the time (She already has two dogs of her own). However, the breeder would often give Lily back to Kay saying she needed a break and couldn't take anymore. Then a week later, she'd call and ask to take Lily back. (Why our friend allowed this is beyond me. All I know is that Kay is a very generous, kind woman who has a hard time saying "no" to people.) Or, she would give Lily back so she could go out of state to visit family. (I get the impression that there wasn't any "asking" if Kay would watch Lily, so much as "Hey, I'm coming by with Lily.)

Earlier this year, breeder/keeper said she was going to Texas and dropped Lily off with Kay. Kay was scheduled to go to Hawaii to see her daughter for a month. So my sister and I volunteered to keep Lily.

Well, after two months had gone by, the breeder never called Kay for Lily. Kay offered to let us keep Lily, saying it was good she was in a stable environment where she wasn't constantly being passed back and forth. She actually told breeder this a month ago.

Four months have passed and today we got the worst phone call ever: breeder called and wanted Lily back. Not only that, but she had filed theft charges against Kay. She also called my sister and left a horrible, threatening message, then had a friend of her's call and leave a message telling us we had 24 hours to return Lily to her rightful owner, and that the breeder was an excellent person who had never neglected or hurt any animal. (Why did she even feel the need to defend her?!)

The police officer said we had to give her back, even though Kay purchased her 6 years ago and has paper work. The officer said the woman was psychotic (which she is; she has huge issues I recently discovered) and if Kay went to court she would win Lily easily. But the honest, hard reality is we can't afford to take this woman to court, even though I would love to. And the police are not going to do anything to return Lily to her real owner. They said that next time Kay needs to have everything in writing. I'm so angry about this! Why does a crazy woman have to win? It's unjust.

Our hearts are broken because we loved our little Lily. She was really dear to my heart. I'm single and don't have any family in the state. I loved coming home to her and playing and snuggling with her. I feel so helpless because there is nothing I can do about the situation.

With that said, would anyone know where we could get a lovely Yorkie for a decent price? I don't mean I want a puppy mill York, but my sister and I can't afford $500+ for a puppy. We have looked at rescue Yorkies, but the ones in our area have had little contact with humans and will take more time per day than we can currently offer. If you know of good Yorkie who needs a loving home in the state of Colorado, please send me a PM. We would love a little female Yorkie to spend our evenings with again.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!