View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Ahis_Mama
Living In Paradise!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I don't really believe in "best" foods, I don't think there is any such thing. There are a lot of good foods, and finding a good food that's easy to find, affordable, nutritionally balanced, made by a reputable company, one that Joey will eat and does well on, is what's important to me. By “does well on”, I mean, no vomiting, diarrhea, gas, or excessive eye tearing, one that gives him enough energy and keeps his teeth and hair and skin healthy. So you have to find what's important to you, and then that will be the best food for your Toby. I personally wouldn’t change the food for at least a month after I brought the dog home, that way, any tummy upsets you’ll know weren’t caused by the new food, and it may be something serious. There are several sites that rate food and give them up to 5 stars, but the authors say that they’ve never studied nutrition. I personally don’t think it’s good to follow the advice of someone who’s never studied nutrition.
I need to look into this because I swear at one point Ahi's eyes were constantly full of gook that I had to clean. I didn't know the food they ate made a difference. Thanks.
Ahis_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!