View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
Ahis_Mama
Living In Paradise!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
This was my Gracie Ruth. All tomboy, all play, all full steam ahead, all the time. She didn't want to have anything to do with cuddles or snuggling or the Momma. She was so focused on Boo, her toys and finding something stinky to roll in. She was spayed at 7 months of age and that first day afterwards all she wanted was to snuggle with me. After that she would come to me for cuddles and snuggle with me in bed at night. From day one I put her ponytail up in clips until it got long enough for scrunchies and although she didn't like them, she did figure out resistance was futile. After she turned 1 she really settled down. She's 3 1/2 yrs old now and she'll sit still for me to do her hair and will even, begrudgingly, wear clothes and poses for pictures.

Just stay consistent, and give her time to grow up and settle down. If you give her a good base of discipline now, it'll pay off big when she's older.

Baby G "tearing the flesh from
her most recent kill"
Attachment 351304

G in the clips I used until her topknot
got long enough for scrunchies
Attachment 351305

My precious girl
Attachment 351306

Posing so sweetly for
her Valentines Picture
Attachment 351307

She is just precious! I love the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiegurl View Post
Thanks guys for the postings and the beautiful pics!!! This morning, I was near tears because she is so rough and I really wanted a lap dog!!!! Hopefully she will let me put bows in her hair so she can be as gorgeous as all your furbabies!!! I swear I am sitting here in envy and Zoey is in her cage sleeping and not giving a $%#$!!!!!!

When I started putting bands in Ahi's hair she would fight me tooth and nail...but like a pp said she gave up because it was futile. She now wiggles a little but realizes if she just lets me do it, it will be done and over sooner. LOL So just do it and be consistent. She will realize.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!