View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
peachbongi
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I will pray for you that you make the right decision. I can only imagine how rewarding that would be. My father in law just passed away and my DH and I were lucky enough to spend an entire week in the hospice house. I loved every minuet with my farther in law. We learned so much about the last phases of life and the journey into death. It is truely a journey and to be able to take that journey with someone was amazing.

My favorite part was in the early mornings while everyone was still asleep. I would go in and sit with papa. He would share what the night was like and how he had been feeling and sometimes we'd just sit and hold hands. He was the cutest thing ever. When the nurses came in to give him his sponge bath, we would leave the room but we could still see him on the monitors. He would be just be grinning while they rubbed his head and arms with lotion. That was his favorite part.

My DH and I feel very fortunate to have been able to spend the last days with him. We realize not everyone gets to say goodbye to their loved ones.

Sorry about the long post but this subject is so close to my heart.

Join today and remove this ad!