View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Any Yorkies with a strange morning routine like this....

So Harley is the laziest dog I've ever seen some mornings. I don't understand and nothing else appears to be wrong with him... he is either one of two ways every morning:

1. I get up and he is asleep, and by the time I come out of the bathroom he has changed his "sleeping" location so that when I come open his bedroom blinds and grab his dish he is jumping and saying good morning. On these days he sits patiently and waits for me to "release" him so that he can have his breakfast. (this is the norm which I'm not worried about)

2. On weekends mostly, but some days I'll get up open his blinds and he will lift his head up and curl in a ball and flop his head back down. sometimes I swear I hear a snort as if to say, "how dare you wake me up" I'll bring his food in and shake it and he'll ignore me. I put it down and tell him to get it, he'll sleep, then after 15 min if he hasn't gotten up I'll pick him up and plop him next to the food and he looks at me rolls his eyes, trots back to his bed and flops down.

Does anyone else have a lazy yorkie like this. He usually does this when we sleep in (I try to rotate his feeding times so that he is used to being feed within the same 3 hour spans, incase we are traveling or working etc, this has been how it is since he was a puppy, because as students our schedules are sometimes crazy).

He's eating a grain free kibble and gets an"ice cube" of tuna (no frozen thats just the way I measure) every meal. Normally I'd think it was the food, but most days he is super crazy for his fish and gobbles it up, and the evenings he is always excited for food. He tends to eat his kibble at night or during the day (free fed) when we're not present. Do you think he's not eating on days he sleeps in because he ate his kibble earlier that morning?

Interested to hear what everyone has to say. Today was one of those mornings...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!