Thread: Sailor's Knee
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
LIL MIS' MAGIC
Yorkie Lover
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
I've had knee problems in the past with my dogs. Often, it's not much different than when a person hurts or pull ligaments in their knee. It hurts and it does take time and rest to get better.

I know it's hard to keep a puppy quiet -- but if their knee hurts, this helps keep them a little less active than usual also. And, you can help by not encouraging any play.

Give her the pills your vet gave you. These will make her more comfortable. And encourage her to be more quiet. She'll be better soon.

------------

Alternatively - I have had more serious knee problems with my dogs - torn cruciate ligaments (this is extremely painful - and is a more serious longer-lasting problem).

Your vet knows the difference between different types of knee injuries - and is treating your dog conservatively right now-- I'm sure he thinks and is hoping that this is all that will need to be done. And, he will check her again in 10 days or so if she isn't better - don't worry!
Thank you so much for the encouraging words!! Sailor seems to be more relaxed today, I think the meds are making her leg alot less sore. I hope that she continues to improve over the next week and that no surgery is needed!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!