View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Ojai
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn0723 View Post
Hi People! I purchased a Yorkie puppy back in late May, early June. His name is Nino since my husband wouldn't let me name him Pudd'n. I am concerned that he is not full Yorkie. Being a dog enthusiast, I knew I should've seen both his parents but I didn't. He is CKC registered. I know all their ears don't stick up. His are not and he is five months old. His hair has also not grown. I should have purchased from a reputable breeder. He is also rather leggy. I don't know what to do!
Hi and welcome. My first Yorkie was a gift, and was purchased from a back yard breeder, even though she is AKC registered. I knew so little about the breed, I did not even realize her ears were supposed to stand up, so I did none of the proactive measures like shaving her ears, or taping them. Nine years later, her ears don't stand up, her coat is so wooly I have to keep it clipped short, she has an overbite, and she weighs about 10.4 pounds! She is also the best dog I have ever owned. With my two younger Yorkies, I got much more obsessed about breed standards, and wasted a lot of time researching will my new baby have a silky coat, and how big will he or she get, and blah blah blah, even though I never had any intention of showing them or breeding them. Nino is your baby now, and just like human babies, you will love everything about him, even what someone else might perceive as "flaws," because those are the things that make him what he is! And just as you would with a human baby, don't let anyone talk smack about Nino!

Ruby Tuesday Cubby Lily
Ojai is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!